- 14606 Roos Hill Road, Geneseo, IL. Go north out of Geneseo
on Route 82, turn right on Roos Hill Road, then take the first left and another
- 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. every day
(seven days a week)
or by appointment by calling (309) 944-4868.
Mission Statement: We strive
to be a passionate advocate for the lives of companion animals by finding
quality homes, providing community education, and promoting responsible animal
- Monthly meetings are held the 3rd
Tuesday of the month at the Geneseo Chamber of Commerce office on the corner of State St. and Main St in Geneseo from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. This meeting is open to the public and we would love your feedback.
Out Our Successes!
Our total adoptions for 2010 were:
Cats - 304
Dogs - 44
Total - 348!!!
Many thanks to ALL of the volunteers and our adoptive families.
Our 2012 "Tudi's Bark in the Park" race is completed. Check out the pictures taken by Mowers Photography (thanks to Dick & Karen Mowers). While you're thinking about it, mark July 20, 2013, on your calendars as the date for the 5th annual Tudi's Bark in the Park. Hope to see you there. Invite your friends to come along..
The Humane Society's first "Pasta for Paws" fund raiser will be held at the Geneseo Moose on May 11, starting at 5:30. You may buy tickets at the door - adults are $10.00 and children under age 8 are $5.00. Dinner includes spaghetti with meat sauce or pasta alfredo, garden salad with dressing, a bread stick, drink and dessert. (Cannoli cake by Heller's Cakes of Geneseo!) There will be a 50/50 drawing, silent auctions ending at 7:30, and a live auction at 7:45. Bring the family! If you have any items that you would like to donate for the silent auction, you may bring them to the shelter or to the Geneseo Library. Hope to see you there!
Our 2013 "Tudi's Bark in the Park" race will be on July 20, 2013.
Consider giving the GIFTS THAT GIVE TWICE.
- The 2013 HCHS-G Calendars On Sale Now- $10.00. 100% of proceeds benefits the Henry County Humane Society- Geneseo. All the participants included in this calendar have shown their support by covering the printing costs. If you are interested in being included in the 2014 calendar, contact Bonnie at 309-944-6742 to ask about availability.
- T-shirts (long and short sleeved), sweatshirts, hoodies, & zippered hoodies: Reminder to all ACTIVE SHELTER VOLUNTEERS that you will receive $5.00 off the listed price of any wearable HCHS-G item in our inventory. For more information, call the HCHS-G at 309-944-4868 and ask to speak to somebody about the available merchandise.
Sophie is a beautiful black and white cat who was brought in by someone who had found her as a stray. She was already front paw declawed and spayed so she must have been a part of a family at one time. She is very friendly and longs for a place to call her own and someone to love & care for her. Stop out to the Geneseo Humane Society Shelter any day between 4-6 pm and meet Sophie. She'll be so glad to see you! Visit our website at http://www.geneseoanimalshelter.com/M/span> to view the other cats (see "Just the cats!"), and to complete an online adoption application, located at the bottom of the home page or on the Adoptable Pets Page. Read More...
Check out our pets that are available for adoption at PetFinders.com
Get an Adoption Form to Print (word doc)
Fill out Adoption Form online