- 14606 Roos Hill Road, Geneseo, IL. Go north out of Geneseo
on Route 82, turn right on Roos Hill Road, then take the first left and another
- 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. every day
(seven days a week)
or by appointment by calling (309) 944-4868.
Mission Statement: We strive
to be a passionate advocate for the lives of companion animals by finding
quality homes, providing community education, and promoting responsible animal
- Monthly meetings are held the 3rd
Tuesday of the month at the Geneseo Chamber of Commerce office on the corner of State St. and Main St in Geneseo from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. This meeting is open to the public and we would love your feedback.
Out Our Successes!
Our total adoptions for 2010 were:
Cats - 304
Dogs - 44
Total - 348!!!
Many thanks to ALL of the volunteers and our adoptive families.
The 2015 Geneseo Bark in the Park event is Saturday, July 18th in the Geneseo City Park.
For more information please visit the website GeneseoBarkInThePark.com.
Consider giving the GIFTS THAT GIVE TWICE.
- The 2014 HCHS-G Calendar is now available for purchase = $10.00. You may purchase the calendar at any of these businesses. More than just a calendar, it's part storybook, part important pet information guide, and your purchase $$$'s show your support of the HCHS-G animal shelter.
The calendars make great gifts for the holidays, birthdays, and to send to family members living far away. You might want to consider making a donation of more than $10.00 per calendar; 100% of the proceeds benefit the Henry County Humane Society - Geneseo. A donation is tax deductible to the extent allowed by the IRS; check with your tax preparer. We will provide you with documentation of your donation. If you are interested in sponsoring your pet's picture in the 2015 HCHS-G Calendar, contact Bonnie at 309-944-6742 for more information.
- T-shirts (long and short sleeved), sweatshirts, hoodies, & zippered hoodies: Reminder to all ACTIVE SHELTER VOLUNTEERS that you will receive $5.00 off the listed price of any wearable HCHS-G item in our inventory. For more information, call the HCHS-G at 309-944-4868 and ask to speak to somebody about the available merchandise.
Sophie is a beautiful black and white cat who was brought in by someone who had found her as a stray. She was already front paw declawed and spayed so she must have been a part of a family at one time. She is very friendly and longs for a place to call her own and someone to love & care for her. Stop out to the Geneseo Humane Society Shelter any day between 4-6 pm and meet Sophie. She'll be so glad to see you! Visit our website at http://www.geneseoanimalshelter.com/M/span> to view the other cats (see "Just the cats!"), and to complete an online adoption application, located at the bottom of the home page or on the Adoptable Pets Page. Read More...
Check out our pets that are available for adoption at PetFinders.com
Get an Adoption Form to Print (word doc)
Fill out Adoption Form online